CENTAFLEX-H (CF-H) was specially developed for the connection of diesel engines and hydrostatic pumps.
As these pumps usually have relatively small inertias, it is advantageous to use a stiff coupling to connect them with the diesel engine. This has the effect of shifting the critical rotational speeds into speed ranges higher than those of the engine. The drive is thus sub-critical and is free from such critical rotational speeds which could produce dan- gerous torsional vibrations over the whole speed range of the engine.
The coupling is usually built into a housing between the diesel engine and the hydraulic pump or power distribu- tion gearbox. Naturally, fairly high temperatures predomi- nate inside this housing.
Because of its extremely high thermal stability, the CEN- TAFLEX-H is the one best suited for this purpose, even with a totally enclosed housing. In addition it is oil-resistant.
• High performance with compact dimensions.
• High torsional stiffnes, yet accomodation of minor misalignments and dampening of vibrations.
• High permissible rotational speeds.
• extremely high thermal stability -50° to +150° C (-58° to +300°F).
• Oil restistant.
• Easy push in assembling.
• Free of axial forces.
• Free of wear hub-shaft screw clamping.
• Free of maintenance.
• Cost efficient.
CENTAFLEX-H couplings are manufactured in 8 standard sizes, for a torque range from 100 to 4000 Nm.